Friday, December 7, 2012

Milano Cocktail Bar


Milano Cocktail Bar is near Plaza Catalunya. 
Bright light entrance like an old fashion theatre, the stairs down to the basement thru the velvet curtain remind you the good old day of night club scene in the 70’s,  also the speakeasy feel  in old New York. 

The compilation of cozy lighting, the elegant decoration and the excellent performance of live jazz, swing, blues take you back in time, recreate the perfect atmosphere and make you feel that you are in a part of an old movie. And I feel that I were Jack Nicolson in Shinning walking to a bar that is filled with ghosts from the past and Hemingway is also sitting there next to me getting quite tipsy: “Alcohol is the cause and the solution to many of life's problems”,  he smiles.  
And Sinatra said: “I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day”.  

Well, then I better order myself one more Martini.


The service is impeccable, very friendly and 
approachable, the experience  bartenders do know how to make a good cocktails, their Vesper Martini so far is the best in Barcelona, while most bartenders here don’t even know what that is.  The other cocktail Hot Holiday with Santa Teresa rum, ginger, pineapple juice and passion fruit is a perfect drink for people who don’t like the strong taste of alcohol . I saw the menu they also have something called “Gracia”, a reddish cocktail with Gin, sherry, vermouth and Cointreau, sounds great,  good cocktail bar always has good drinks for the ladies, something like a rose in liquid.


I know I will come back to this place for sure, but I just have to order one more drink for the road before the sound of jazz is done with me tonight. The bartenders told me they have cocktails from the movies.   Which one I prefer? I saw the wall full of wonderfull bottles of poison, and I want to try them all. But I can not try them all along. I need a drinking partner. So, I turn and ask Woody Allen: 
“Do you want a drink? “, 
he is shaking his head with the rhythm and said 
“I'm not a drinker - my body will not tolerate spirits. I had two Martinis on New Year's Eve and I tried to hijack an elevator and fly it to Cuba”.

No comments:

Post a Comment