November 27 was Bruce Lee’s birthday, if he didn’t pass away he would be 72 years old this year.
Bruce Lee, an international super star, a method actor, a master of martial art, a film maker, a writer, a teacher, a philosopher, even a Cha Cha dance champion.
Time Magazine named Lee one of the most influential person of the 20th century, somewhere in between Einstein and Gandhi. He was an mixture of poise, charisma and intellect and he can surely kick some asses. Bruce Lee had a concern for the oriental poor, knowing martial arts as one way to restore the dignity, maybe because Bruce lee studied philosophy, therefore he always used his film to expressed his “emotional point of view”. His film was more than just kung fu movie but a demonstration on how “Chinese” should fight back, but his philosophy wasn’t only for Chinese but a universal one.
I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.
Ni Kuang is probably the most famous chinese sci-fiction writer, he was also a screen writer for couple of Bruce's movie such as Fist of Fury and Chinese Connection. In his interview he said Bruce loved his work very much and was always talking about his films, he could talk for hours and he is also just a normal human being. There was one time at the Premiere of Chinese Connection, when Bruce arrived at the cinema, there was more than thousand of fans waiting for him, they called his name and waved to him, Bruce was nervous and didn't know what to do, he grabbed Ni Kuang's hand and asked "What should i do?", Kuang said "Just wave, what else you can do?! ". So Bruce did and the whole place went off hook and Bruce was excited and happy. Years of struggles has finally paid off.
Bruce was a very kind person, he had a child's heart and he dreamt big dreams and no matter what was the hard time threw at him, he did his best to defeat it, he was not just a martial artist but an artist of life and that is something that made him the legend.
Maybe no one knows a real reason for his death, but we all know what he has done when he was alive.
10 Bruce's lee Quotes
10 Bruce's lee Quotes
- “Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.”
- “Choose the positive. You have choice, you are master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success.”
- “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.”
- “Empty your mind; be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
- “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
- “It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
- “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.”
- “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.”
- “What is” is more important than ‘what should be.’ Too many people are looking at ‘what is’ from a position of thinking ‘what should be’.”
- “When one has reached maturity in the art, one will have a formless form. It is like ice dissolving in water. When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.”
“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering “ - Bruce Lee